A Short History
The Michigan Woodworkers' Guild was formed in 1981 for those who are interested in using wood to build things.
Our Mission Statements
- Encourage and promote excellence in design and craftsmanship in wood.
- Educate the membership and the community about the profession and hobby of woodworking.
- Engage in community service projects and programs related to woodworking.
- Support efforts concerning the conservation of forests, wood, and wood products.
- Serve as a clearing house for members and public information about wood, woodworking, and wood products.
We hold general meetings from September through November and January through May. June is reserved for field trips and August is the annual company picnic. There are no meetings in July or December.
Non-members are welcome to attend a general meeting to learn about us.